August 30: General introduction to the course and to the technologies used.
Online: Getting Started with Digital History
- Set up a blog at WordPress.com for your academic writing. Email the URL to me.
- write a blog post about yourself. Include any experience with digital tools or social media, and what you hope to get out of this course
- Set-up an account on Feedly and subscribe to History News Network and History@Work, and some history blogs of your choice (if you like, subscribe to mine )
- Sign-up for Twitter. Send me your handle. Follow CCSU Historians Connecticut State Library, and Connecticut History; search for and follow some #twitterstorians.
- Sign-up for Facebook (if you’re not already on it). Join the CCSU Public History Facebook Page