Special guest: Sharon Clapp, Digital Resources Librarian. Burritt Library
Read and Discuss:
- Cohen and Rosenzweig, Digital History, “Owning the Past”
- Roy Rosenzweig, “Should Historical Scholarship Be Free?” Perspectives, April 2005
- Jennifer Howard, “What You Don’t Know About Copyright, but Should,” Chronicle of Higher Education, May 29, 2011
- Jeffrey R. Young, “Pushing Back Against Legal Threats by Putting Fair Use Forward,” Chronicle of Higher Education, May 29, 2011.
- Piper, P. S. (2013). The library’s future is digital. Online Searcher, 37(2), 22-24,26 [Proquest Library database]
- Melissa Terras, Cultural Heritage Information [Blackboard]
Blog Post: Reflections on the week’s materials. In particular consider the question raised by Roy Rosenzweig about whether scholarship should be free.